CLASS 2 - SHEEP SHOW
Sunday - Youth Show at 9:00 a.m. Open Show at 11:00 a.m.
Sponsored by the Wallacetown Agricultural Society, Grant & Karen Campbell, Ron & Shirley Campbell, Ivan & Sheri Lackey, Bruce & Dawn MacKinnon, and Marion Rose of Elgin Travel & Cruises
The show will be held under the federal classification. Exhibitors should carry their own liability insurance.
NEW THIS YEAR - A Market Lamb Auction will be held following the Youth Show
Youth Show: Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
All Youth must be registered at the show by 8:45 a.m. Black and white dress is required. No membership fee for the Youth Show only. Register at the show.
If entering the Open Show, you must register at the office, pay a membership fee and obtain an exhibitor number. Prize money will be paid at the end of the class. Open to any youth age 21 and under (You do not have to be a 4-H member).
- Commercial (crossbred) current year ewe lamb: 1st - $50, 2nd - $30, 3rd - $20, all others - $5. Sponsored by Grant & Karen Campbell
- Senior Showmanship: 1st - $25, 2nd - $15, 3rd - $10, all others $5. Sponsored by Bruce & Dawn Mac Kinnon & Marion Rose _ Elgin Travel & Cruises
- Junior Showmanship: 1st - $25, 2nd - $15, 3rd - $10, all others $5. Sponsored by Bruce & Dawn Mac Kinnon & Marion Rose _ Elgin Travel & Cruises
- Novice Showmanship: 1st - $25, 2nd - $15, 3rd - $10, all others $5. Sponsored by Bruce & Dawn Mac Kinnon & Marion Rose _ Elgin Travel & Cruises
- Under 8 years old - $5.00 each. Sponsored by Sheri Lackey
- Champion showmanship - top 2 entries from Section 2,3, & 4 grand - Rosette; reserve - Rosette
- Best Market Lambs - open to any breed, for exhibitors 21 years of age and under, one lamb
A) 50-79lbs B) 80 - 110 lbs
1st - $25; 2nd - $15; 3rd - $5 for all remaining animals (to be paid at the time of the show), donated by Ron & Shirley Campbell
Open Show: Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- Sheep Classification:
- a) Suffolk
- b) Oxford
- c) Texel
- d) Southdown
- e) Dorset
- f) Long Wool (Lincoln, Leicester)
- g) Any other breed
Dorset, Oxford, Southdown and Suffolk must be shown in short fleece (staple less than 1 inch (2.5cm) at shows that fall between April and October. Refer to the official Prize Book for the actual dates involved or call Shelley Wilkinson, Secretary, 519 670-7435
- Ewe - yearling, 3rd pair temporary incisors must be in place, born and bred in Canada
- Ewe - 1st pair of temporary incisors must be in place, born the property of the exhibitor
- Ram - yearling, 3rd pair temporary incisors must be in place, born and bred in Canada
- Ram - 1st pair of temporary incisors must be in place, born the property of the exhibitor
- Get of Sire - a group of three animals, bred and owned by the exhibitor, 1st pair of temporary incisors must be in place, born the property of the exhibitor. Both sexes may be represented. Must be shown in the ring to receive prize money.
- Breeders Flock - a group of 4 animals, bred and owned by the exhibitor, all animals in a group to be of a single breed. Both sexes may be represented. Each animal in the group must have been exhibited in one of the preceding sections. The animal must be shown in the ring in order to receive prize money at judge's discretion.
NOTE: If on the day of the fair, some classes are too low or too high with competitors, changes deemed necessary will be made and may void the classess outlined above.
Mature ewe - born during or prior to 2 years ago. 1st - $25, 2nd - $15, 3rd - $10. Donated by Ron & Shirley Campbell
Best Get of Sire - 1st - $25.00, 2nd - $15.00, 3rd - $10.00, and $5.00 for all remaining animals (to be paid at the time of the show), donated by Ron & Shirley Campbell
a) 50-79 lbs
b) 80-110 lbs
Best Flock on Grounds - consisting of 4 animals: ram, yearling ram, ewe, yearling ewe. One of these must have been shown in one of the other sections. 1st - $25.00, 2nd - $15.00, 3rd - $10.00 donated by Ron & Shirley Campbell
Supreme Ram - $50.00 & Rosette, donated by Ivan & Shirley Lackey
Reserve Supreme Ram - $25 & Rosette, sponsored by Ron & Shirley Campbell
Supreme Ewe - $50 & Rosette, sponsored by Ivam & Sheri Lackey
Reserve Supreme Ewe - $25 & Rosette, sponsored by Ivan & Sheri Lackey
|A. All entries to be sent to the Secretary, Box 1, Wallacetown, ON N0L 2M0 and appreciated no later than Sept 15th. Membership ($5) not retained from previous year's winnings and must be paid at the time of entry.|
|B. All exhibits must be owned and registered in the name of the exhibitor.|
|C. Two animals allowed per exhibitor or breed unit in a maximum of two single classes in accordance with the 2011 Federal Sheep Classification.|
|D. All sheep must remain on the grounds until 4:30 p.m. that day or forfeit prize money.|
|E. No vehicle access will be permitted through the front gate, off Argyle Street, with the exception of handicapped marked vehicles. All vehicles MUST enter by Sifton Street (formerly Queen Street) gate only.|
© All Rights Reserved - 2009 - Wallacetown Agricultural Society
Web site designed and donated by Phil Bartley 519 762-0828